Whether you are buying a property, selling your home, wanting to subdivide your land or needing to transfer ownership, Alison at Settle My House will assist you to complete the process from start to finish.

Purchasing a Property

Buying a home, whether it is your first or last, the process can be both stressful and exciting at the same time. At Settle My House it is our aim to make your buying experience as stress free as possible. 

At Settle My House we can assist with the purchase of:

  • Residential properties
  • Vacant land
  • Units and homes currently under construction
  • Off the Plan purchases
  • Property developments

Whether you are buying your first or last home, we urge our clients to provide us with the opportunity to peruse a Contract of Sale and Section 32 prior to signing. This gives us the opportunity to provide our client’s with well informed advice and general information that will assist with the purchase process.

Some other aspects of the Conveyancing process that we undertake on behalf of our clients are:

  • Checking the Contract to ensure all required dates and special conditions are met.
  • Apply for the necessary title searches and rate and planning certificates.
  • Liaise with your bank/broker regarding finance.
  • Prepare the adjustments of rates and other charges against the property.
  • Set up Pexa (electronic settlement platform) and complete the Duties on Line.
  • Arrange for any stamp duty exemptions and/or concessions to be applied for.
  • Notify all rating authorities of your ownership.

Let's get started

Selling Your Home

If you are considering selling your home the first thing you will be required to provide to your Real Estate Agent is a Vendors Statement, also known as a Section 32 Statement. This document provides a prospective purchaser with information regarding the property, which you as the owner are required to disclose.

At Settle My House we aim to provide this document to you as quickly as possible to enable you to have your home on the market ready to sell. It is imperative that the information provided in this document is up to date, true and correct. A defective Section 32 can allow a prospective purchaser to void the sale.

When selling your home, we can assist with:

  • Preparation of your Vendors Statement (Section 32 Statement) and Contract

Once your property is sold we will attend to:

  • Preparation of a Section 27 Statement (assists with the release of deposit monies).
  • Liaise with your mortgagee about preparation of a discharge of mortgage.
  • Set up Pexa (electronic Settlement Platform).
  • Initiate Duties on Line.
  • Peruse adjustments of rates and charges.
  • Attend settlement.
  • Notify relevant rating authorities after settlement.

Let's get started


Subdividing property is the opportunity to split titles, sell off sections or develop the land further. A subdivision is the process of creating individual parcels of land. Properties can be divided into two or more individual titles (depending on the size of the land). To be able to subdivide a property you would first need to contact your Council and apply for a planning permit.

To subdivide land, you are required to engage a licensed Land Surveyor to prepare a Plan of Subdivision to submit with your planning permit application. Licensed land surveyors are the only people qualified in Victoria to determine the location of your title boundary and create new title boundaries.

Let's get started

Transfer of Ownership

Transferring ownership of a property is simply changing the name/s on Title.

Transfers of property between spouses, de facto or same sex couples can be non-dutiable if the property being transferred is the principal place of residence. 

Transfer of Ownership between any other parties will attract duty at the market value.

If you are looking to change ownership for a property that is not a principal place of residence i.e, an investment property then Stamp Duty is applicable. Certain documents such as a letter of appraisal from a Real Estate Agent confirming the current market value would be required or a property valuation report by an approved valuer.

Let's get started